I read somewhere that "excess weight is dreams in storage"
Here are some of the dreams I'm working to realize in the coming year:
- Hosting half-day retreats for busy women.
- This will be a joint venture with a good friend who is a Spiritual Director. We've got lots of ideas! Now to set them into motion.
- Experiencing my emotions in healthier ways.
- As in, not overeating and smoking as a way to deal with how I feel. Maybe journal them - even jotting a couple notes in my day-planner during a work day, taking a walk, going to the spa, talking about my feelings with the much-loved-therapist.
- Practice healthful habits - that also promote weight loss.
- So, eating nutritiously, not overeating, walking, jogging, yoga, tending my body with love, all kinds of good stuff that used to be my own good habits.
- Develop a good divorce and shared parenting with L.
- We will begin drafting a Parenting Plan this evening.
- Resume writing.
- Starting with a regular journalling practice and maybe changing how & how often I write here on the blog.
Maybe not so much the big public dreams of success and recognition but significant to me in terms of living a vibrant, positive, authentic life. And each of these areas have contributed to my weight gain. As I've slipped away from parts of who I am, and the good habits that embody them, I've turned to crummy habits like emotional eating and smoking and avoidance. As I return again to who I am and how I want to express myself, I choose healthy habits to make even daily life a more true expression. And there are the more public dreams, like writing and hosting retreats, where what I believe and how I live will be more visible.