God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Saturday, March 01, 2014

our other favorite heroine - Merida

As soon as Tangled ends, we put on Brave, and once Brave ends, we're back to Tangled…



Brave appeals to me a little more.  At this unsteady cusp of transition in my life, something about Merida's story awakens, inspires, encourages me.  Merida knows her mind and her strength.  Through a challenging journey she learns compassion and humility and love.  Her happily ever after remains to be written; it isn't sealed in the movie with a betrothal.  I want a story like that for my next chapter.

We will run and scream
You will dance with me
We'll fulfill our dreams
And we'll be free
We will be who we are
And then heal our scars
Sadness will be far away

"… Mommy, I want to watch Merpunzel, now, please…"

No comments: