God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

sound barrier

The baby can hear us!
Or at least our lower and amped up vibrations.

I noticed it at the Soapbox races first. We were out on a school field and there were all these big screen tvs and announcements booming over speakers across the field. The baby started bubbling around which is pretty unusual for when I'm up and about. Baby tends to put on a show when I'm a captivated, sitting still, audience.

A few days later it happened again, more dramatically, while we ate out at a local Thai restaurant. They were playing Samurai Jack cartoons on a large tv screen and the volume went up out of control. Baby played along - bubbling on the left, bubbling on the right and then valoomp a headbutt just as the sound peaked & went out. L was thrilled. He'd had a particularly bad day at work and the little one's antics put a smile where it was missing.

Then yesterday L decided to put on his own show for the baby. I sat on the couch and L plugged his bass into the amp. Baby woke up for that and gave me some more bubbles and a few gentle butts in response to papa's playing.






No comments: