God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Friday, October 30, 2009

the fence that I am

I've focused a lot of my time & attention inwardly in the last 3 years, since learning that Baby N was on the way. My husband & I made many changes to where and how we live in order to ensure a safe stable home for the kiddo. I love our family life. I fall deeper in love each weekend.

And in recent months, my attention is drawn more and more to the world "out there." The world that he will grow up to enter on his own. That world elicits anger and grief in me.

I have invested more into reinforcing a safe, nurturing shelter for Baby N, than I have into affecting the world he'll move into. What can I do? What will I do? On the other side of the fence.

following closely behind the kiddo

No comments: