God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Friday, January 22, 2010

4-day weekend

I am so grateful for a couple of days off
to celebrate Baby N's 2nd birthday!

Yes, for me the festivities started with folding the family's laundry. But after the last few stressful-anxious-grrrrring weeks at the office, folding laundry felt comforting & comfortable.

First, I washed the kitchen table, freeing it from a week or so of grease and congealed applesauce. Then, set up the laptop with some hulu. Finally the folding. N's little old man corduroy trousers, L's must-have black shirts, my colored socks... Soon the table was covered in soft cloth towers. And I was relaxed. Settled in to my home & my guys.

MADWOMAN near.

No comments: