God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

creating


I'm trying to learn and to practice creating in the quick little moments when Little N doesn't need or want my attention.  Yesterday I made the background for this piece, gluing down shreds of paper that Little N had torn up, while he played with cars beside me at the table.  But what to do with such an odd  little board?  

Today I picked up a jar of beach treasures and thought maybe this would be a way to display them.  So while Little N took some quiet time playing in his room I dug out the glue gun.  Admittedly the finished product isn't exactly what I imagined but it holds its own amidst my heap and it makes me happy there.


No comments: