God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

orientation



We attended Little N's preschool orientation yesterday.  Afterwards, L commented that I didn't really need to have gone since we already knew most of the information from last year.  (Little N is returning to the same program but with a new teacher.)   I was so glad to have gone for the experience of being there.  

I met his new teacher and now we have faces for names.  I was recognized by the classroom aides & Occupational Therapist as Little N's mom.  I got to visit with other families - see the range of abilities (strengths and challenges) of the students and empathize with the range of emotions of other parents.  All of us eager.  Some of us nervous.  Some of us ready for a new season to begin.  

No comments: