God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

the birthday girl

 happy birthday to me


I'm waxing all contemplative about my new age, this time of year, and another year of my life.  I recently read that where we put our attention thrives.  So where do I want to focus my attention?  What commitments can I make for the next three months of fall and the next twelve months of my life?  I'm thinking about my health, my marriage, engaging my son, understanding his autism.  All these things need my attention.  Are worthy and loved with my attention.

Today a friend swept me away from the office and took me to the beach.  There were sweet treats for me to eat.  There was hot sun and cooling breezes.  There was kind attention to me.  Also worthy.  Also loved.

No comments: