God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

self portrait Saturday: adderall

I've started a new medication.  And I'm optimistic about it. 


Adderall is a stimulant typically prescribed to kids with ADD and ADHD.  But it's also considered for treating depression.  It's the latest addition to my cocktail.  I take it in the morning to add a little pep to my step and help me to focus my thoughts.  Yesterday was my first day taking it and I definitely felt something - a sharper focus in my day, and the ability to accomplish stuff at the office.  After days (weeks?) of coasting under the radar with an utter lack of productivity, this little achievement felt rewarding.  Plus, I only drank 2.5 cups of coffee as opposed to my usual 6.  Hopefully today brings something similar.

No comments: