God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

self portrait Saturday: feelings & presence

"The only meaningful thing we can offer one another is love.  Not advice, not questions about our choices, not suggestions for the future, just love." Carry On, Warrior, p.197


The only meaningful thing I can offer myself right now is love.  

I've fallen into a slump this last week or so, and fallen off the wagon with most of my self care.  I'm sad.  I'm grieving.  I'm tired.  I'm lonely.  But this is different than the grey-slug-heaviness of depression.  This is feeling.  And so I'm learning to sit with the feelings.  Hello, Sadness, cup of coffee?  And then help me fold the laundry.  And maybe pause in the quiet for a few tears?  No, no tears yet?  That's ok too.  Right now isn't a time for decisions about the future or about myself.  It's a time to simply feel.  That's good work and requires me to be present company for myself.

No comments: