God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

new moon

I always think of the new moon as a time for new beginnings. Tonight at Women Time I told the group that I'm pregnant. They were great. Very supportive and encouraging and open to this being happy and also difficult. Two women offered to help us move, and one woman even offered to help make the new place more like a home. L was receptive to that idea when I told him which surprised me. I feel like we can make our home pretty well but maybe it would be fun and more special or memorable to play with it with a friend.

And that's maybe what's more new. That these women are becoming friends. That I shared something with them. Something immediate and mixed feeling. And they held up their end.

I climb up into my head so much that I start to lose the ability to respond to people with warmth and immediacy. That's one thing I love about this group - that they give that warmth and attention to each other pretty freely. And in different ways. Maybe I need to start saying we. We give to each other freely and in different ways. Something about receiving from a community makes me part of it. I receive by opening myself to it and they flood right in. And we carry each other (like waves).

No comments: