God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Monday, March 03, 2008

S the Cat (mama's boy)

I wish I had a photograph for this post.

S the Cat has had a difficult transition to sharing his home, and his mama, with Baby N. Only in the last week has he started interacting with me, but then maybe I kept my distance from him too. I've been trying to stay so clean lest the baby get cat fur on, or in, him.

Today S the Cat was doing everything he could to get my attention. He was racing around the apartment, leaping up on furniture, trying to leap up on the changing table. When I settled back down on the couch to nurse Baby N for the fiftieth time this morning S the Cat joined us. First he just sat on the back of the couch with his head by my shoulder. Then he came down to the arm of the couch and sniffed the baby. Then he snuggled himself in between me and the arm of the couch. I put my arm around him & petted him. The three of us sat there warm & cozy together, both my boys dozing off in my arms.

No comments: