God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

he is also good company

These nights, S the Cat is my good companion.


I lay out his special afghan on the loveseat. He hops up and we settle in for an hour or so of quiet after the boys go to sleep. I read or journal or note this week's goals & tasks in my day-planner. He flicks his tail, takes a bath, and then falls asleep.

I've recognized that if I make room for him in the stuff that I'm doing for me, his behavior improves and we enjoy each other immensely. It doesn't happen every night, for example, I can't blog with a cat sitting on the keyboard. But it can happen most nights, like when he sits beside the laptop instead of on it. And then I'm so glad for his company.


No comments: