God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

July full moon dreamboard

The new moon anchored the word "earth" in my mind the last couple of weeks and influenced my full moon dreamboard. The image in the center of the board is a symbol for earth (a color-copy of a ceramic tile). The flowers & such I collected on my walk home from work yesterday. The woman runner is carried over from last month. She loves the sound of her own breathing when she's working out hard. Me too.



For me, the word "earth" is about remaining present & engaging in real life. It means take care of my body - feel the ache of early morning stiffness & the release of a good stretch, eat healthfully, breathe deeply. It means arrive prepared and contribute. It means pause - to enjoy wind against my skin & the strong scents of summer blossoms in bloom. It means hold your tongue - don't be so quick with the joke when maybe someone has pain or frustration that just wants to be seen, even for a moment.


I just keep bringing my mind back into my body, back into real life. It's both staying still, to acknowledge what's right here, and moving on, to do some good work in the world.


"You don't drop-kick a puppy into the neighbor's yard every time it piddles on the floor. You just keep bringing it back to the newspaper."


Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird


***additions***

L & Baby N surprised me with these two little friends:




They've made themselves right at home.



3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Totally, absolutely beautiful....just like YOU!

Melinda said...

lovely dreamboard!

Echo Location said...

So beautiful!