God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

read my mind

I slipped over to the library yesterday for some quiet time to journal and write while L & Baby napped. It's always a tough choice for me: do I nap too or do I need these little snatches of alone-time more than I need sleep? This weekend I needed a comfy chair, my laptop & notebooks - and I needed to be someplace else.


The book on the top of this stack caught my eye as soon as I settled into my chair. Let's just say those 2 little words "women's moods" speak volumes for the emotional cattle wrestling that's occupied the last 20 years of my life. I made a note to check it out when I was done writing and focused on my work, but occasionally a flicker in the corner of my eye made me turn to look at the book. (At one point I even leaned out of my chair to make sure I'd read the title correctly.)

I was almost done when a couple of women passed the shelf where this book sat beaming at me. Gasp! I watched them (subtly, I hope). If the book was still there when they moved on I'd grab it.

It was! One swift (graceful?) lunge and it was mine.
Sigh.

But once I was up I felt another book that called my name, & another, & another...

No comments: