God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3

Little N turned 3 today!
We celebrated him all day.

The big changes start on Thursday. His first day at his new school. I'm terrified but trying to hide it from him. We're supposed to feed his expectation of success - that he can do this. And he can. But at the same time... he's never been apart from us for so long, never with strangers like this, never with so many children, never in an unfamiliar place before... all these new and wild things to experience with so much brand new sensory info - sights, motion, sounds, lighting, smells, things... all with no mommy or daddy to mediate it. I can't wait to get home Thursday night and hold him. My little baby. My big 3 year old boy.

No comments: