God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gratitude Sunday

Today I am grateful for:
  • Super Mima flying to the rescue - mom is coming to stay with me and Little N for a week while L goes home AR
  • L going to AR - the circumstances are sad, but I'm grateful that he will have the chance to say good-bye to his father, visit with his mom, meet his nieces, and all the other pieces of a trip home after years away
  • N has a preposition - "Let's go on the park." "The truck is on the water." Just the one is enough for growing sentences.
  • catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in months and finding renewed resonance between our lives
  • a tomato cage
  • quick simple recognition from my boss, "You're doing a great job keeping all these balls in the air," at the end of a long week.
  • Learning my job better so that I can keep all these balls in the air, moving, know when to set them down... etc.
  • making good connections - thoughts to feelings to experience to my body to the glimmering foundation of the future
  • big trucks left at the park for any child (Little N) to play with
  • good variety in the bulk section at the market next door
  • kiddo's mischievous giggling delight at spraying mommy with cold water
(day 10 of 50)

No comments: