God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

gratitude Wednesday

Today I am thankful for:

  • Little N's words, narrating his play, expressing his imagination "I'm a lizard!" stretched out along the back of the couch, using phrases he's heard "It's not a toy," requesting what he wants "I want some supper," directing us, "Look at that!  Can you see it?  It's big."
  • snatches of my own time
  • a chance for more family time, even for a phase
  • grief, I still grieve, and the love it reveals for the present and future
  • change (and I hate, dread, resist change) and the murky slow expansion of my comfort zone through new people, routine, tasks, ideas, books, and play
  • the opportunity to reconnect with folks I enjoy and resonate with

No comments: