God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

gratitude Sunday: Mabon


Yesterday afternoon I gathered with my pagan friends to celebrate the Fall Equinox in a holiday called Mabon.  It's a harvest and thanksgiving holiday so we paused together to give thanks for what we have harvested in this past season.  For me, it's been a season of gaining independence - particularly around driving!  We also gave some time to what we would like the next year to include.  Self care and fitness are at the top of my list.

We enjoyed a joyful afternoon together outside in one of the last sunny days before Seattle's long season of cloud cover and rain begins.  There was laughter and stories as well as sharing some of our challenges and burdens to be supported by the group of friends.

I am grateful for these kind friends, their attention to nature, the good work in life, and beauty.  I am grateful for connections made in our gatherings.  I am grateful for strong support and for laughter.

No comments: