God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

last night


This is me, last night.  So I just want to own, out loud, here and now, that the single mom gig has caught up to me.  It's hectic and exhausting and one night this week I actually had second thoughts about separating from L because Little N was being So Very Challenging with a wild meltdown tantrum.  These days are hectic.  These days are hard.  These days my emotions are showing up as stress, anxiety, and something like sadness.  Not all day every day.  And not enough to change course.  Only as part of this transition phase.  I stand by the decision to separate from L.  I stand by forging a renewed bond with Little N.  I stand by my independence and sanity and hope for a better place for me and Little N.


1 comment:

Bright Side of Life said...

One step at a time. You can do this!