God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

woman, you are good

I found this taped onto an old notebook and moved it onto the wall.

The universe yet incomplete
on the sixth day GOD created her
WOMAN
and GOD said to her
I shall give to you
a Heart full of Compassion
a Spirit Free to fly with the birds
a Vessel to carry Life into the world
Wisdom to know great truths
Courage to rise out of oppression
Strength to move mountains
Gentleness to kiss the earth
Passion to set the world on fire
Vision to respect the earth that bore you
a Playful Nature to dance with the children
Laughter to fill the valleys
Tears to wash the pain away
Hands for laboring and loving
Intuition to know the unknown
Desire to be that which you were created to be
and GOD said to her
WOMAN
I HAVE CREATED YOU IN MY IMAGE AND LIKENESS AND
YOU ARE GOOD

No comments: