God is the madwoman in the attic.
I'm camped out on the threshold with my journal, camera, and plenty of snacks.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

gratitude Sunday: beach mornings

Turns out, I am the only mom who brings her kid to the beach before 8am 
& on an overcast, sprinkly Sunday morning.


Oh, but we love it here.  Peace & quiet on an early grey morning.  Or bustling & sunburning on a more typical beach day.  This is quickly becoming our second home.  While L sleeps off the graveyard shift, Little N and I make for the beach.  Kiddo busies himself with bubbles.  I consume coffee and continue to wake up.  (Mercifully, the car has learned to drive itself here.)


It's going to be a long summer of solo parenting for me.  
I take some solace in a familiar place with plenty to explore.



No comments: